The training center is part of Mekelle University, College of Health Sciences, and it was established in 2004 E.C.
Mission: To advance the quality of health care service through impactful Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Training.
Vision:To make the training center the leading and self-sustaining Center of Excellence in In-service training and consultancy services by the year 2025 G.C.
Professional Integrity: We strive for high level of professionalism and keep our integrity.
Excellence in services: What we always work is to achieve excellence in our service.
Trust: We ensure maximum openness and integrity to each other.
Customers first: We are here for nothing but to serve and satisfy our customers and we treat them as we would like to be treated.
Commitments: No matter what challenges we face and discomforts we feel, we stand firm, be patient and exert our utmost and sustained effort to achieve our goals.
Collaboration: We work together in sprit of mutual support and understanding to achieve our collective goals.
Change: We innovate new ways of doing things and be open minded to reforms.
Scope of the CPD training center
The training center is proactively work to improve health care provider’s skills, knowledge & attitude through updated & relevant training that would enable them for relicensed for all health institution of Tigray and beyond.
The roles and responsibilities of MU-CHS-CPD provider
- Develop and provide need based CPD courses.
- Designate a course coordinator for each CPD course and assign facilitators.
- Meet agreed educational quality requirements in course design and delivery.Select qualified and experienced trainers.
- Take responsibility in terms of leadership and organization for CPD activities in their respective organization.
- Publicize the proposed CPD courses together with their CEUs.
- Revise and amend courses as needed.
- Issue an attendance certificate
- Prepare and send periodic CPD activity to the respected bodies.
- Keep a record that reflects completion of activity.
- M & E all the training activities.
- The roles and responsibilities of MU-CHS-CPD Accreditor
The roles and responsibilities of MU-CHS-CPD Accreditor
- Review applications for the provision of CPD activities and send the pre-accredited documents for approval.
- Review new manuals.
- Revise continuing education units (CEUs) allocated.